Veiko is a managing partner who coordinates the dispute resolution teams work and represents clients in civil and administrative court proceedings. He is the head of construction law, planning, and public procurement units at LINKLaw.
In addition, Veiko has broad experience in various areas where specific expertise is required for dispute prevention and settlement. This includes environmental and transport law, energy, defence and security matters. He selectively represents and defends clients in misdemeanour cases and certain criminal cases related to economic crime.
SELECTION OF WORKS
- Advising and representing Estonia’s Ministry of Defence (Kaitseministeerium) and Ministry of Justice (Justiitsministeerium) in administrative court disputes and out-of-court regarding interests of national defence, wind farms and solar parks.
- Advising and representing different clients regarding planning and building questions and relevant procedures in local governments of Tallinn, Viimsi, Pärnu, Tartu, Võru, etc. Representation in relevant negotiations and litigations.
- Advising and representing AS Harju Elekter in public procurement procedures and in the Public Procurement Review Committee with an estimated value of 122,000,000 euros.
- Advising and representing Articard OÜ in different public procurement proceedings and other legal questions.
- Consultation of building companies, local governments, translation agency, etc. in public procurement procedures, in the Public Procurement Review Committee, and in court proceedings.
- Advising AS Viru Keemia Grupp in several legal questions related to environment, natural resources and energy. Advising and representing AS Viru Keemia Grupp and related companies in various complex litigations, including disputes over contracts for services.
- Advising and representing Arkaadia Kapital AS and its subsidiaries in different court disputes and out-of-court matters.
- Advising and representing Elbit Systems Ltd, a major defence security company based in Israel, in the public procurement procedure and the conclusion of a framework agreement with the Estonian Defence Forces (Eesti Kaitsevägi) regarding the supply of 120 mm mortar bombs.
- Advising and representing China CNR Corporation Limited, the world’s biggest manufacturer of rolling stocks, in a dispute concerning shunting locomotives arising out of an international public procurement contract.
- Advising and representing General Dynamics UK Ltd, the world’s leading aviation- and defence industry company, in defence and security-related public procurement disputes in the Public Procurement Review Committee and different instances of court.