The field of personal data protection often exceeds what is shown on the news, and quite rightly so. Personal data has enormous value, including financial value. Every person has the right to the protection of their personal data, and the realisation of this right imposes a great responsibility on entrepreneurs and other persons, which certainly must not be an obstacle to economic and professional activity but offer new opportunities if they act reasonably and correctly.
The LINKLaw team has considerable experience to offer our clients the best solutions in the field of personal data protection. In the European Union and Estonia, issues related to the protection of personal data are an everyday part of business operations. Managers’ and employees’ awareness of personal data protection and correct documentation ensure the company’s competitiveness and good reputation.
We advise clients in, among other things, the following:
- mapping the presence, composition, and movement of personal data in the company – also known as data mapping;
- preparation of personal data processing overviews, data protection conditions, and internal company guidelines;
- mapping the need for impact assessments and advising the client during the process;
- preparing data processing agreements and holding corresponding negotiations;
- advising in cases of data breaches, including the preparation of the necessary documents and representing our clients in regulatory proceedings;
- advising in both judicial and extrajudicial loss claims;
- training the company personnel and providing the services of data protection specialist.
Selection of recent projects:
Kühne + Nagel IT Service Centre AS
Advising on negotiations related to various DPAs (Data Processing Agreements) and providing daily counsel on data protection matters
Ospentos International OÜ
Providing advice to in the process of data mapping and preparing a data processing overview, drafting internal processing conditions, creating data protection terms, drafting data processing agreements, and representing the client in related negotiations
Coop Eesti Keskühistu
Advising on internal matters related to data protection, providing guidance in supervisory proceedings, and preparing an analysis of the legitimacy of processing based on a legitimate interest
Q-step logiciel OÜ
Data mapping ja isikuandmete töötlemisülevaate koostamise protsessis nõustamine, ettevõtte siseste töötlemistingimuste koostamine, andmekaitsetingimuste koostamine, andmetöötluslepingute koostamine ja nende sõlmimisega seonduvatel läbirääkimistel esindamine, mõjuhinnangu protsessis kliendi nõustamine
ASA Quality Services OÜ
Drafting a data processing agreement for, creating data protection terms and internal processing conditions for the company, and conducting training for the entire company’s staff on data protection