Kairi is the head of the transaction consulting, M&A and corporate law and intellectual property and IT law practice groups. Kairi has more than 20 years of experience in advising on the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and in legal matters related to the daily corporate governance of companies, as well as in drafting various business agreements.
In addition, Kairi is specialized in intellectual property and IT law, and in addition to client work in this area, Kairi was for 10 years an active member of the Estonian Bar Association’s Committee on Intellectual Property and IT Law, and is a member of the Estonian National Working Group of AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property). Kairi also has extensive experience in environmental law, mainly relating to greenhouse gases, industrial emissions, packaging recycling and waste management. In addition to a Master’s degree in Law, Kairi has expanded her knowledge in economics and has successfully defended her Master degree in Business Administration (Strategic Management) at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration of the University of Tartu.
Selection of Works
- Counselling Viru Keemia Grupp AS and its subsidiaries on various contract law issues, including drafting various standard terms and conditions as used by VKG group companies, drafting contracts related to various development projects and participating in contract negotiations (including IT developments, as well as engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) agreements related to Petroter II and III oil refinery, lime plant, desulphurisation system, ash removal system and gas turbine construction, etc.).
- Advising Tomra’s (leading manufacturer of reverse vending machines) Baltic companies in regard to launching the deposit containers system in Latvia (2022) and Lithuania (2016) and entering of Tomra group to the named markets, including drafting and negotiating the cooperation agreement with the deposit system administrator, establishing and initiating the activities of Tomra’s respective companies, as well as providing day-to-day advice to Tomra’s Baltic entities on various legal matters.
- Advising on various real estate development projects (like Graf Zeppelini Maja. Raudteevalitsuse Villa, Martensi Maja, Telliskivi Quarter), including engineering and construction agreements, lease agreements, etc.
- Advising Sterotek Film in relation to various documentaries, such as “Ott Tänak: The Movie”, “Legends of the Winding Road”, “The Real Rannap”, “Ruja – Banned!”, “Estonian Soil and Estonian Ruja”, and others.
- Drafting software development agreements and software-as-a-service agreements for Q-Step Logiciel OÜ, a company offering software solutions for handling air cargo, mail and e-commerce logistics.
- Advising Viru Keemia Grupp AS and its subsidiaries on various environmental law issues, including matters related to industrial emissions, waste, greenhouse gases and environmental fees.