Toomas is the managing partner of Law Firm LINKLaw and one of the founding members. Toomas has 20 years of practical experience, which includes a wide spectrum of corporate counselling, including participation in the work of the governing bodies, as well as client representation in administrative and administrative court proceedings. Toomas has represented European Commission in the European Court of Justice and on many occasions has acted as an arbitrator in civil disputes.
2013 – 2015 Law Office Glikman Alvin & Partners, attorney-at-law / partner
2005 – 2012 Law Office Alvin Rödl & Partner, attorney-at-law / managing partner
1996 – 2005 Law Office Alvin, attorney-at-law / partner
1995 – 1996 Rödl & Partner AS, legal adviser / acting executive manager
1995 Ministry of Foreign Affairs, legal department / first secretary
1992 – 1995 Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Embassy of Stockholm, first secretary / consul
1991 Tartu First Law Office, trainee
1991 University of Tartu, Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), officially equivalent to MA, cum laude
Since 2005 Member of the Estonian Bar Association Professional Suitability Assessment Committee
Since 1998 Member of the Estonian Bar Association
Estonian, English, Russian
Selection of works
- Representation of an international investors group, with the preparation for the construction of an oil terminal.
- Consultation and representation of AS Viru Keemia Grupp (AS), one of Estonia’s biggest industrial groups, in different court cases.
- Representation of the Latvian railway company LDZ Cargo in preparation for the procurement of locomotives.
- Consultation and representation of Reyktal AS, one of Europe’s biggest deep sea fishing companies, in different court proceedings and at the international fisheries organisations.
- Representation of European Commission in the European Court of Justice.
Selection of publications
- Right of superficies – alternative for the sale of an immovable property? Äripäev (online), 26 October 2011.
- A sale should be conducted in a manner that it would not later on require an additional payment from the seller. Äripäev (online), 17 November 2010.