Kairi is a partner in Law Firm LINKLaw and one of the founding members. Kairi is the head of the transactions and commercial law practice group. She has extensive experience in corporate mergers and acquisitions (M&A) as well as in legal matters related to the daily corporate governance of companies.
In addition, Kairi is specialised in intellectual property and IT law. Kairi is a member of the Estonian Bar Association Intellectual Property and IT Law Committee and the Estonian National Group of AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property). Furthermore, Kairi has acted as a guest lecturer in different universities and given seminars on intellectual property, has written articles and is a co-writer of the intellectual property handbook.
2013 – 2015 Law Office Glikman Alvin & Partners, attorney-at-law / partner
2010 – 2012 Law Office Alvin Rödl & Partner, attorney-at-law / partner
2005 – 2010 Law Office Luiga Mody Hääl Borenius, attorney-at-law
2002 – 2005 Law Office Mody & Hääl GLIMSTEDT, attorney
2017 University of Tartu, MBA / Master in Business Administration (Strategic Management), cum laude
2005 University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, MA (Magister Iuris)
2002 University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, BA, cum laude
Since 2013 Member of Estonian Bar Association Intellectual Property and IT Law Committee
Since 2009 Member of Estonian National Group of AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
Since 2002 Member of the Estonian Bar Association
Selection of works
- Advising rally sport club Crosskart Racing Estonia in the course of establishing the club and preparing the agreements needed for its activities.
- Advising Martensi Maja OÜ in regard to real estate development project in the city centre of Pärnu, including advising in relation to the establishment of the company and regulating the relations of shareholders, drafting and negotiating engineering and construction contracts, lease contract with anchor lessee and other lease agreements for the building.
- Advising Tomra’s (leading manufacturer of reverse vending machines) Estonian and Lithuanian companies in regard to launching the deposit containers system in Lithuania and entering of Tomra group to the Lithuanian market, including drafting and negotiating the cooperation agreement with the Lithuanian deposit system administrator and everyday counselling in regard to fulfilling the named agreement.
- Counselling of Viru Keemia Grupp AS in the course of the sale of the shares of OÜ VKG Plokk, including preparing the transaction documents and participating in the transaction negotiations.
- Councelling EstPak Plastik AS in the course of acquisition of the recycled PET sheet extrusion line.
- Counselling of Coop Eesti Keskühistu in connection with the acquisition of the shares of Eesti Krediidipank by Coop Eesti Keskühistu, including questions related to shareholders relations.
- Advising Elbit Systems Ltd, Israel based defence security company listed on NASDAQ, during the procurement procedure and the conclusion of a framework contract with the Estonian Defence Forces (Eesti Kaitsevägi) regarding the supply of mortar bombs.
- Counselling of Viru Keemia Grupp AS in the preparation and negotiation of agreements related to different development projects (including engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) agreements for Petroter II and III oil refinery, lime plant, desulphurisation system, ash removal system and gas turbine construction) etc.
- Counselling of the Estonian Consumer Cooperative (ETK) in the establishment of ETK Finants AS and with its start-up activities.
- Drafting of a lease contract and participation in negotiations with an anchor tenant for a shopping centre to be developed in the city centre of Tallinn. Preparation of the shopping centre’s standard lease contract.
- Drafting the sales and e-store terms and conditions for different Estonian and foreign capital based trading companies, including clothing, furniture, building materials and vehicle spare parts sellers, and plastic packaging producers.
- Counselling of the Estonian Consumer Cooperative (ETK) in the course of the conclusion and implementation of the logistics software procurement.
- Counselling of Q-step logiciel OÜ in the preparation of a standard license agreement for the use of air cargo handling software.
- Counselling of one of the biggest retail chains in Estonia regarding licensing of sales area planning and management software.
- Counselling of Sweco Central Eastern Europe in the acquisition of Vealeidja OÜ.
- Counselling of OÜ VKG Energia in the acquisition of shares of Kohtla-Järve Soojus AS.
- Counselling of Danpower GmbH in the acquisition of shares of Võru Soojus AS.
- Counselling of an Estonian film producer in the preparation of a production agreement and agreements related to film production.
- Maintaining the portfolio of trademarks registered in Estonia for a foreign capital based food producer and offering daily advice related to trademark contracts.
Selection of publications
- Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers. The Estonian chapter, Kluwer Law International, 2013.
- Intellectual property. Co-author of the handbook, Äripäeva Kirjastus, 2009.
- When establishing a common business, think about the belonging of copyright works. Äripäev (online), 14 September 2011.
- Attention – one could be deprived of the trademark that is left without use! Äripäev (online), 29 April 2011.
- Relations of the co-authors should be regulated with an agreement. Äripäev (online), 31 January 2011.
- Granting the use of a trademark requires a proper licence agreement. Äripäev (online), 17 December 2010.
- What to do to prevent the employee from walking away with his/her copyright? Magazine Director, November 2010.
- Remember the copyright when ordering marketing solutions. Äripäev (online), 5 October 2010.
- Works created by the employees and their copyright belongings. Estonian innovation magazine HEI, No. 11, 2009.
- Corporate identity as a work protected with copyright. Gazette of the Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, No. 9, 2009.
- About the importance of a proper author’s contract when ordering the design of the trademark. Media Planet topical newspaper “Brand created for me – keeping common values“, November 2009.
- Parallel import: the conflict between the exclusive rights of the trademark owner and a general free trade. Juridica 2003, No. 5.