Transport and Infrastructure
Due to Estonia’s geographical location Estonia has been the hub of trade between the Eastern and Western Europe through history. In today’s rapidly evolving world, logistics and the regulation of the legal relations are becoming increasingly more important. Our law firm experts have the necessary experience in solving transport and logistics-related legal issues. We have consulted infrastructure operators such as Estonian Railway (AS Eesti Raudtee) and SIA LDZ Cargo in Latvia. In order to ensure the best protection of our clients’ interest and rights both in Estonia and cross-border, we work together with our partners in other countries, if necessary. Our lawyers have also been active in the drafting process of maritime legislation (Fishing Act and Seafarers Employment Act).
We advise and represent clients, among other things, in the following areas:
- preparing and negotiating agreements, including vehicle, ship or aircraft sales agreements, leasing and financing agreements, pledge agreements, charters, carriage agreements, logistics service agreements and freight forwarder contracts, storage contracts and insurance agreements;
- consulting in the application and implementation of the EU law regulations;
- consulting in matters related to the international trade and carriage of goods, including the Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR);
- registering vehicles, ships and aircrafts and other registry operations;
- maritime liens, maritime claims and seizure of ships;
- disputes related to transport and logistics.
Contact person: managing partner Toomas Tamme (Email Toomas).
Selection of works
- Consultation and representation of AS VKG Transport which is part of the AS Viru Keemia Grupp (VKG) group, one of Estonia’s biggest industrial groups.
- Consultation of AS Eesti Raudtee in the preparation of the proposals for the Railway Act amendment.
- Representation of the Latvian railway company LDZ Cargo in the preparation of the procurement of locomotives.
- Consultation and representation of AS Reyktal, one of Europe’s biggest deep sea fishing companies, in different court proceedings. Representation of Reyktal Eesti AS and the Estonian Fishermen Association at the international fisheries organisations.