LINKLaw lawyers consult contracting authorities and tenderers in the preparation for public procurement and tenders, in the implementation of the public procurements and in the settlement of disputes. We also give lectures related to the procurement law to the representatives of the contracting authorities and tenderers in order to make the entire sector more efficient. Our specialists have broad experience, over the past years we have successfully represented clients in the largest and most complex procurement disputes in Estonia. Due to the aforementioned we are able to see all the possible angles of the procurement documents or disputes as we are aware of the perspectives of both the contracting authority as well as the tenderer in every stage of the proceedings. This, in turn, allows us to prevent a number of problems and protect the interests of our client in a dispute in the best possible manner.
In addition to the supply, construction and design procurements, we have experience in specific areas such as defence and security, transport, media and security solutions.
We advise and represent clients, among other things, in the following areas:
- providing strategic and procedural advice regarding the necessity and type of the procurement procedure;
- structuring the procurement procedure and consulting in its various stages;
- preparing the necessary procurement documents, including technical specifications and conditions for purchase;
- preparing and negotiating procurement contracts;
- qualification of tenderers and applicants, comparing and evaluating the tenders, selecting the successful tender;
- providing legal advice in relation to the European Union grants, including the assessment of the eligibility of costs, and preparing the documents related to the receipt and realisation of grants;
- participating in the preparation of tenders and analysing procurement documents;
- representation in the Public Procurement Appeals Committee and in all court instances, including challenging and defending the procurement documents and results;
- consulting and representing clients in relation to the public procurement supervision proceedings;
- courses and lectures in public procurement.
Contact person: partner Veiko Viisileht (Email Veiko).
Selection of works
- Councelling EstPak Plastik AS in the course of acquisition of recycled PET sheet extrusion line, including councelling in the procurement procedure, negotiations and conclusion of the procurement agreement.
- Advising Elbit Systems Ltd, Israel based defence security company listed on NASDAQ, during the procurement procedure and the conclusion of a framework contract with the Estonian Defence Forces (Eesti Kaitsevägi) regarding the supply of mortar bombs.
- Consultation and representation of the subsidiaries of AS Tallinna Sadam in high profile public procurement disputes in the Public Procurement Appeals Committee as well as in various judicial stages regarding the procurement of nationally vital ferries (valued over 200 million EUR).
- Consultation and representation of KMG Inseneriehituse AS in the Public Procurement Appeals Committee as well as in various judicial stages regarding civil engineering procurement disputes and public procurement supervision proceedings.
- Consultation and representation of Järve Biopuhastus OÜ, one of the largest suppliers in Ida-Viru, in various public procurement matters and procurement disputes.
- Consultation and representation of HF Tulekustutus AS in the Estonian National Museum sprinkler system procurement dispute in different court instances.
- Consultation and representation of General Dynamics UK Ltd, the world’s leading aerospace and defence industry enterprise, in the Public Procurement Appeals Committee as well as in different court instances regarding public procurement disputes in the field of defence and security.
- Consultation of the Estonian enterprise of the world’s leading communications network equipment manufacturer in connection with the public procurement in the field of defence and security.
- Representation of Estonia’s leading security solutions provider in a procurement dispute related to the public procurement of speed cameras.
- Consultation and representation of one of Estonia’s leading media agencies in the dispute committee and in the public procurement supervision proceedings regarding media mediation services procurement valued at 12 million euros.
- Consultation of the world’s leading manufacturer of rolling stock in connection with the participation in the tram procurement valued at ca 40 million euros.
- Consultation of a company in the Baltic’s leading real estate group in a leading procurement dispute in connection with the supplier’s submission of a claim for damages as far as to the Supreme Court.
- Consultation and representation of Estonia’s leading security solutions provider in a procurement dispute related to the public procurement regarding the provision of security services.