Veiko is a partner in Law Firm LINKLaw and one of the founding members. Veiko is the head of the public procurement, construction law and planning unit and coordinates the dispute resolution teams work. As an expert in procurement law, he has successfully consulted and represented clients in the latest high-scale procurement disputes and in the settlement of differences that have arisen from the procurement contracts disagreements in Estonia. In the field of planning and construction law, Veiko has achieved court judgements that have set a precedent and reached noteworthy agreements.
In addition, Veiko has a broad experience in various areas where specific expertise is required for dispute prevention and settlement. This includes environmental and transport law, energy, defence and security matters.
2013 – 2015 Law Office Glikman Alvin & Partners, attorney-at-law / partner
2007 – 2012 Law Office Alvin Rödl & Partner, lawyer / attorney-at-law
2009 University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, MA
2008 University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, BA
Since 2010 Member of the Estonian Bar Association
Since 2013 Member of the Procurement Law Academic Network (PLAN)
Estonian, English, Finnish
Selection of works
- Councelling EstPak Plastik AS in the course of acquisition of recycled PET sheet extrusion line, including councelling in the procurement procedure, negotiations and conclusion of the procurement agreement.
- Advising Elbit Systems Ltd, Israel based defence security company listed on NASDAQ, during the procurement procedure and the conclusion of a framework contract with the Estonian Defence Forces (Eesti Kaitsevägi) regarding the supply of mortar bombs.
- Consultation and representation of the subsidiaries of AS Tallinna Sadam in high profile public procurement disputes in the Public Procurement Appeals Committee as well as in various judicial stages, regarding the procurement of nationally vital ferries (valued over 200 million EUR).
- Consultation of AS Viru Keemia Grupp in multiple environmental, natural resources and energy related legal matters.
- Consultation and representation of AS Skanska in sizable and precedential construction disputes, including the responsibilities and relation of the client, contractor and designer.
- Consultation and representation of the companies in the AS Merko Ehitus group and AS Riverito in environmental law disputes.
- Consultation of AS Eesti Raudtee on daily legal matters.
- Consultation and representation of KMG Inseneriehituse AS, the Estonia’s leading civil engineering constructor, in the Public Procurement Appeals Committee as well as in various judicial stages on matters related to contracts for services, complex procurement disputes and in connection with the public procurement supervision proceedings.
- Consultation and representation of the Ministry of Defence in administrative court disputes regarding national defence interests.
- Consultation and representation of Järve Biopuhastus OÜ, one of the largest suppliers in Ida-Viru, in different public procurement matters and procurement disputes.
- Consultation of the Latvian Railway’s (Latvijas Dzelzceļš) subsidiary LDz Cargo in connection with the European Union legislation on railway and rolling stock and in preparation for the procurement of locomotives.
- Representation of Estonia’s leading security solutions provider in a procurement dispute related to public procurement of speed cameras.
- Consultation and representation of one of Estonia’s leading media agencies in the dispute committee and in public procurement supervision proceedings regarding media mediation services procurement valued at 12 million euros.
- Consultation of a company in the Baltic’s leading real estate group in a precedential procurement dispute in connection with the supplier’s submission of a claim for damages as far as to the Supreme Court.
- Consultation and representation of China CNR Corporation Limited, the world’s largest manufacturer of rolling stock, in an international procurement contract dispute regarding shunting locomotives.
- Consultation and representation of General Dynamics UK Ltd, the world’s leading aerospace and defence industry enterprise, in the Public Procurement Appeals Committee as well as in various judicial stages regarding public procurement disputes in the field of defence and security.
- Consultation of the Estonian enterprise of the world’s leading communications network equipment manufacturer in connection with the public procurement in the field of defence and security.
- Consultation of the world’s leading manufacturer of rolling stock in connection with the participation in tram procurement valued at ca 40 million euros.