Maksim specializes in commercial, corporate and banking law, as well as in the management of M&A projects, conducting due diligence, and drafting and analyzing business sale and purchase agreements, shareholder agreements and other related documents.
Maksim regularly advises clients on their day-to-day business activities and has extensive experience in the preparation and negotiation of commercial contracts.
He has also provided legal assistance to both national and international clients by representing them before state regulators, including financial supervision institutions, the Estonian Tax and Customs Board and the Police and Border Guard Board.
2015 – 2016 Law Office Glikman Alvin & Partners, attorney-at-law
2011 – 2015 Law Office Glikman Alvin & Partners, attorney
2008 – 2011 Law Office Glikman Alvin & Partners, lawyer
2007 – 2008 Law Office Raidla Ellex, lawyer
2011 CLG Corporate Law School
2009 University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, MA
2007 University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, BA
Since 2011 Member of the Estonian Bar Association
Estonian, Russian, English
Selection of works
- Counselling of Coop Eesti Keskühistu in connection with the acquisition of the shares of Eesti Krediidipank by Coop Eesti Keskühistu, including questions related to shareholders relations.
- Consultation and representation of VTB Group and the Bank of Moscow in banking governance matters in Estonia.
- Advising and representing the producer of the 3D movie “Quackerz”, with the budget of USD 20,000,000, on corporate governance in Estonia and during the conclusion of agreements related to the producing of the movie.
- Advising and representing VKG Energia in the transaction of acquiring a new turbine – the value of the transaction was 15 million euros.
- Advising Datomia, which is a leading provider of frictionless software defined storage and streaming solutions, in IP/IT and commercial matters.
- Consultation and representation of Articard OÜ, which is one of the biggest security services providers, upon its expansion to Ukraine and in M&A transactions in Estonia.