A successful company consists of highly motivated and qualified employees whose experience and work forms the basis for a strong business with a future. In order for the company to be competitive on the market and to stay innovative, it is necessary to create and sustain good business relations. In addition to the trust placed on a specific person, it is important to have employment agreements that are explicit and straightforward and documents that regulate company’s activities. In a constantly changing economic situation, it is also important to pay attention that employment relationships are properly terminated and whether there is a need to restructure the corporate structure. All of these goals require prior analysis and an extensive experience in order to prevent or solve potential problems.
We advise and represent clients, among other things, in the following areas:
- preparing employment agreements and service agreements of the management board and supervisory board members, consultations in matters related to the amendment and termination of contracts;
- preparing the internal work procedure rules and job descriptions;
- preparing other contracts, agreements and documents related to the employment, including confidentiality agreements, non-compete agreements, proprietary liability agreements, intellectual property transfer agreements and option agreements;
- consultation in personal data protection matters in employment relations;
- consultation in employment matters in case of a merger, division, restructuring or transfer of the company;
- dispute settlement in labour dispute committee and in court.
Contact person: attorney-at-law Reesa Paatsi (Email Reesa).
Selection of works
- Representation of Iglu OÜ employees in labour disputes with their former employer.
- Consultation of Genius Sports Services Eesti OÜ in labour disputes and in the preparation of employment agreements and other labour law related rules and documents.
- Representation of Reyktal AS in the administrative proceedings at the Labour Inspectorate and consultation in preparation of employment agreements and other labour related documents.
- Consultation of Seven Networks Estonia OÜ in labour law matters related to the liquidation of the company and representation in labour disputes.
Selection of publications
- Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers. The Estonian chapter in Kluwer Law International.
- Equal remuneration principle and indirect discrimination in the practice of the European Court of Justice. Reesa Paatsi.
- Termination of the employment contract, spelling it out. Reesa Paatsi.
- It may still be possible to dispute employer’s caution. Reesa Paatsi.
- What to do to prevent the employee from walking away with his/her copyright? Kairi Kurisoo.
- Works created by the employees, and copyright. Kairi Kurisoo.