Competition Law and State Aid
Effective competition is the backbone of free market economy. In order for competition to be effective for everyone in the market, it is necessary to protect and develop it. There are different support measures to promote economic growth and persons can apply for grants and aid both from the national as well as European Union funded instruments. Such objectives and activities of the countries and the European Union have brought about the development of a complex and vast competition regulation which is not always easy to follow. Violations and disputes can be prevented only by an informed and conscious entrepreneur. This is also our first priority – raising the client’s awareness in order to minimize and prevent the realization of risks.
LINKLaw advises clients in all matters related to competition law, including in the conclusion of transactions, applying for state aid as well as in the communication with administrative bodies and in legal disputes.
We advise and represent clients, among other things, in the following areas:
- preventing violations of the competition law when consulting in transactions and in other activities related to entrepreneurship, including prohibited agreements, concerted actions;
- consulting undertakings in a dominant position in the market in daily business activities and when conducting transactions;
- consultations related to mergers;
- providing advice on how to avoid violations of the unfair competition prohibition in entrepreneur’s daily business activities;
- providing advice when applying for state aid and in the subsequent proceedings related to use of state aid;
- consulting in administrative and court proceedings.
Contact person: attorney-at-law Reesa Paatsi (Email Reesa).
Selection of works
- Representation of IGLU OÜ in an unfair competition related court dispute.
- Representation of Eesti Pagar AS in a state aid related court dispute.
- Consultation of enterprises in the Viru Keemia Grupp AS group on different competition matters.
- Consultation of the subsidiaries of AS Tallinna Sadam on competition matters in various court disputes.
Selection of publications
- Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers. Kluwer Law International, Reesa Paatsi, Kairi Kurisoo, Liina Rekand as the co-authors of the Estonian chapter.
- State Aid. Chapter on Estonia, Reesa Paatsi.